Our Strategic plan
Strategic planning has been the process by which IPROSARUDE officials have developed the general objectives, policies and strategies that will facilitate the acquisition, use and allocation of ressources. Faced with an ever-changing environment and capacities, IPROSARUDE adopted a process of updating its 2017-2020 strategic plan, which allowed it to re-analyze the organization’s vision and mission, its fundamental values, its key objectives, its areas of specialization, its strengths and weaknesses, its opportunities and threats, its activities and, in addition its short-and medium-term subjects or areas of decision making.
In this way, IPROSARUDE intends to better align itself with this logic of contribution to health for all, with an emphasis on rural health, by updating its strategic plan.
Improving Community Health
IPROSARUDE carries out diseases prevention programs through awareness raising campaigns. We use various communication channels to reach out to different communities across Burundi and we cover topics related to WASH, environmental protection to fight against global warming, malnutrition through the promotion of healthy diets adoption to name a few. We also educate young people about sexual reproductive health.
Per year around 100 000 peoples received health informations.
In collaboration with care international,125912 youth peoples between 10-24 ans had received differents services in SRH.
Access to health services
IPROSARUDE operates 3 health units in 3 rural provinces of BURUNDI:
- The Kayogoro Hope Center, in the south of Makamba province
- Hope Polyclinic in Gitega( Central Province of BURUNDI, Gitega Province)
- Mwaro Hope Medical Center in Mwaro Province
- A new center will be opened soon in the north of the country (Kayanza province)
To date,IPROSARUDE has provided 333173 services with 6747 dental care ,124528 eye care ,160200 in SRH .
In 2016,IPROSARUDE was the 1st in ophthalmology services at national level with 39,94% with 14650/36676 .
Support for the promotion of substainable development
IPROSARUDE’s contributes also to the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals. We work with rural communities helping them to develop agricultural projects and we provide to them livestocks so that they can elevate their living standards.
Moreover, they form village saving groups (VSLAs) which allow them to run small businesses, through this program, 240 VSLA were set up with 6480 members.
Strengthening Governance and Knowledge Management
IPROSARUDE has set up a research and development unit (RDU) composed of multidisciplinary experts.
With this program, 3 researches were done:
- The study of knowledge, attitudes and practices among women of childbearing age on the cervical cancer was launched on a sample of 206 women of reproductive age in the health district of Gitega.
- Impact of the anthropic activities on the vegetable settlements of the National park of Rusizi in BURUNDI/cases of the sector palm plantation,
- Impact of maternal breastfeeding practices on nutritional status in children less than two years in Burundi